Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Goodbye States

I'm flying out of Albuquerque to LA tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon I fly to Bangkok via Taiwan.

I can't believe I am leaving the States again. I've had such an incredible time here, way better than I expected I think, and it's hard for me to say goodbye to a new country I called home. I wonder when we'll be back.

Alexander is on his way to South Africa now. He's arriving there tomorrow and will be seeing a lot of our friends in Cape Town as well as my sister in Pretoria. I'm jealous. Mostly of him seeing people I dearly miss, but also because he is going to be having coffee at Vida E and a burger at Royal.

I'm making up for that by staying on a raft house in Kanchanaburi over the weekend. Maybe I'll like it so much i end up staying until Tuesday.

Alexander is getting into Bangkok next Wednesday and that will be the start of a whole new adventure.

I. Can't. Wait.

No comments: