Monday, September 17, 2007

Future Updates and Recent Activities

Last week was an exciting week in the kitchen and soon I will be posting some new recipes that I’ve experimented with. Here are some sample pictures to hopefully pique your interest.


I’ve been getting around to some other fun activities as well. On Friday I got round to buying a T-shirt that has been on my mind after a recent trip to Propaganda in the Emporium.


The shirt is designed by a group called Error Clothing whose designs are stocked at various outlets in Bangkok and is also available in Singapore and North America. I liked the simple design, the feel of the 100% cotton jersey fabric, and fell in love with the endearing image. They have numerous other designs available for order at their website, which is easy to navigate and has a simple color search function.

---

Alexander and I went on a two-day visa trip to Vientiane last week and got to spend time at our favorite Vientiane coffee shop, JoMa as well as discovering one or two new pleasing places to while away the time in the slowest capital city I know. We got around to the morning market again and I reminded myself that I still want to say a word or two about Hmong crafts, which we saw aplenty in Luang Phabang on our previous visit, but not today.

---

About two weeks ago I bought a new sewing machine. It was inexpensive and on sale and it has all the basic functions I need from a machine; straight stitching, zigzag, buttonholes and easy to use. The only problem was the ‘cutesy’ detail on the one side of the machine.


Saturday afternoon I finally got to use it for the first time. I turned a pair of dress pants of Alexander’s into shorts. A really simple procedure, but I was beaming with excitement when I started working on the project. I have not used a sewing machine since late February. The shorts came out nicely. I moved the hem to just below the knee, a style feature I like because it highlights the calves.


Currently I am working on a bag idea I had recently, drawing up the pattern and working on a mockup. Hopefully I will be able to show off the final creation soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, nog iemand wat ek ken met 'n sewing machine!

Marita Says said...

En wat maak jy met jou masjien?
b

lolla said...

mooimooi. jou juffrou is trots op jou.