Friday, May 11, 2007

Checkout counter horror

We stopped by Trader Joe's and Ralph's to pick up some groceries for the road trip. Both stores were incredibly crowded and I was just feeling a massive hunger coming over me so I was feeling a little bit on edge.

We parked our trolley behind some old lady's in the checkout line at Ralph's. I commented on some nasty music coming out of a machine right beside me (think it was a CD stand of sorts).

Next thing this creepy looking old (ooold) lady turned around. Her face was severely made up. Lots of eyeliner and so on. She looked at us and said something about us having a problem with the store and we should take it up with her as she is the store's police.

First I thought she was just some weird lady having fun. But then she got this really angry look in her eyes and stared right at and began rambling something about her costume bracelet. She held out the arm with the bracelet on toward me.

I was totally taken aback. She looked at me as if I had done something horribly mean to her and the next moment she gave me the finger. This wrinkled and bent old middle finger pointing at me.

I know I am generally a bit oversensitive, but this really upset me and I think I almost started crying. I was just so shocked!

She told us to back off and then grabbed her trolley and told as to get out of her way.

We gladly obliged. She stormed (not very fast) past us and then lined up in the next line. Not saying another word.

What the Fuck! I felt pretty violated (yes I know I exaggerate, but it was rather unpleasant) and just wanted to get out.

Once outside I ranted a bit about crazy people and the advantages of special homes. Nasty but hey, I was verbally attacked by a mad old woman.

I am happy to say that I probably won't be go to that Ralph's again anytime soon...

2 comments:

acidcupid said...

lock them up!! all of them! kids and old people should not be allowed to roam free.

dorothy said...

ha ha ha ha - sorry B but sounds kinda funny. like a character from a lynch movie