Thursday, May 10, 2007

It is here

I was strangely nervous about the new Bjork. I was a lot calmer than with other albums coming out. Maybe I was a bit nervous that I would finally find a Bjork album that I might not fully enjoy. Like when you have an author you just love and then one day a book just disappoints and ruins everything.

I have to be honest and say that I did not enjoy the video for Earth Intruders much, so maybe that was adding to my nervousness.

I was not just nervous, I was also very excited. But there was a nervous edge to it all.

And then I bought it and we listened to it twice in the car driving around Long Beach last night.



And it is brilliant. It is truely brilliant. It is all over the place and incredibly free. My darling Bjork never disappoints.





In other news. The new Haruki Murakami,
After Dark also came out yesterday. I'm including it in my list of books for the trip.

Life is good.

No comments: