Wednesday, May 09, 2007

New blog

I've decided to do some travel writing and so forth in a seperate blog. Reason is I'd like to do some writing in Afrikaans and I guess it would be a convenient way for my family and some friends to keep up with me without sending out a million emails.

I tried to do both blogs from this account but decided not to have the two linked in the end and opened a completely new account.

So if you are interested in reading about what we are getting up to and what I am cooking and where go here Van Spys en Reis

I've been spending money on clothing again. It feels fantastic. Since Friday I've bought more than I have in over a year. Which is impressive because that was all I did in Taiwan.

So I bought a pair of flip-flops for the trip. Light long pants for hiking, a sleeveless shirt, a t-shirts, a cap and board shorts. Yay! Today I am buying hiking shoes.

We're also buying some camping gear. Yesterday we picked up a tent and lamp. I'm also thinking of some menus for the trip. I'm extremely excited about the idea of taking curry powder and coriander into the desert and seeing what happens.

No comments: